Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
[-Stash-]
post Feb 5 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #2

Is that gasoline I smell?

Group: |BR| Clan Members
Member No.: 118

The beta installed quick as fuck to a VM for me. Under 15 minutes and it was up and running. I reckon it could finally be time for all you XP boys to upgrade to a new OS. The new task bar is also the shitnaz, I like it a lot. Of course, as usual there are plenty of XP luddites out there whining that it's "not 100% exactly the same to XP, so I hate it", but hey biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kell
post Feb 5 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #3

Like Rick, only fatter

Member No.: 31

If it works properly, is more stable, has drivers that work and most importantly, doesn't have a hardware and memory footprint the size of Nebraska, I will welcome it with open arms. What I want from windows is a core OS that runs brilliantly on a shoestring, but has the ability to switch all the bells and whistles graphics options on for those who like wasting system resources and something other than applications.

After the whirling cluster-fuck that was Vista, they can have a lot of repair work to do as far as their reputation is concerned. I will probably trial it when it comes out later this year.

This post has been edited by Kell: Feb 5 2009, 08:32 PM

--------------------
Always be yourself. Unless you're a dick, then be someone else please...

+Quote Post
[-Stash-]
post Feb 6 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #4

Well, it's to Vista as XP was to 2000, an evolution. It's lighter-weight than Vista, but it's still heavier than XP - hardly unreasonable considering the time lapse of 7 years and the extra stuff it does. Oddly enough, Vista's always been more stable for me than XP, but perhaps that just comes with running 64bit, who knows? Driver support won't be any different from Vista, but since Vista's been around for a coupla years now, it won't be the same cluster fuck that Windows 95 and Vista were ;) Many benchmarks show it running faster than Vista already, which is good news since Vista is now generally faster than XP in most things and was 30% slower than Vista at the beta stages. I'm sure some people will still want to stick with XP, but then some people still use Windows 98 biggrin.gif

Apparently, 2009 netbooks will be running a version of Vista, so that gives you some idea of what it will run on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShadeVildmanden
post Feb 7 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #5

3 Men, Abandoned by the clan they love.

Member No.: 434

Agree with Kell 100%

I do like XP its stable, the hassle I hear about Vista is bad, as is companies like DELL saying that they will give you the option to have XP, now if thats not a kick in the balls to Vista what is?

Lest face it when Xp came out people ditched 98 like a herpes flavoured wine gum. Windows 2000, a bit different as I know ppl like Kell and Laz swore by it and plenty of other guys I knew did not want to leave it as it was a true network friendly OS.

SO if W7 is any good then I will welcome it with open arms as I did with XP. Lat point when did you ever see a Microsoft OS on sale? FFS even Windows ME was better received than Vista.

--------------------

What we do in life echoes in eternity

+Quote Post
Scotteh
post Feb 7 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #6

WARNING Bullshit here >>

Member No.: 369

Whats the deal with downloading the beta for this ?

Is it worth it or just going to be a right pain if your only interested in playing games. I currently have Xp 32 bit edition.

--------------------

1 Boy and 2 OAP's, abandoned by the clan they love. :(

We ride together..We die together..::BR:: Boys for life !

::BR::Slippy - ' I wouldnt last five minutes with my Mother-In-Law '

HermanZeGerman - ' Does your wife look like her mother ? '
::BR::Slippy - ' No, more like her father thankfully '

::BR::Slippy - 'I dont need to leave the house to perv anymore, I have two young kids'

::BR::Slippy - 'My cheeks are aching :( ' - Many brave tears were lost this day, one of thee funniest thing on TS since 2004.

::BR::Slippy - ' I used to be a Financial Adviser '

::BR::Slippy - 'But, base raping I was not, pegging you in yes.'

::BR::MrsSlippy - 'Buzzzzzz bbzzzzzzzzz brrnnnng buuuuzzzzzzz''

::BR::Slippy ' young boys in small shorts '

::BR::Slippy ' I'm up for anything'

+Quote Post
[-Stash-]
post Feb 16 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #7

Scotteh, don't bother - wait until a proper release before you even think about it ;)

I have to say that Vista is about a billion times better than ME though - that really was spawn of Satan.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2018 - 11:07 PM